26 Apr Travel Essentials: Natural Health Aids I Took With Me to China
Spring time will always hold an extra special place in my heart. Amidst the clouds of my most memorable times, the flood of memories from my trip to China keep popping up since it was around this time last year that I flew to the far East. It was life-changing.
Spring/Summer is also a time of year that you may be prepping for an extended trip—far or near. You might be wondering what you should pack. Well, I may be able to help in the natural first-aid realm.
This is a video clip I took in my hotel room in Chengdu with the health items I brought with me. Granted this may be more than you’ll want to carry for your trip, however, given the fact that I would be in a totally different part of the world for several weeks, I thought it would be a good idea to over-prepare. I was also interning at the university hospital and had access to a massive herbal pharmacy but these still came in handy for myself and my colleagues on-the-go during our stay in Chengdu and Tibet.
Check out my drawer of natural health aids for common travel ails in the video below:
P.S. These are also great items to have chez-vous for your home medicine cabinet.
Items noted in the video with brief pointers:
- Paranil – anti-parasitic formula
- Toxin-Out – liver and colon support, anti-oxidant, and heavy metal chelator
- Activated Charcoal – for food poisoning
- Grapefruit seed extract – multi-use broad spectrum germicidal – tip: add a drop to water and wash produce with a GSE solution
- Probiotics – keep your gut flora balanced and happy
- Multi-vitamin – daily nutrient support especially with dietary changes during travels
- Berberine – digestive aid and good for days that you’ve had too many sweet treats 🙂
- Oregano oil – anti-microbial, immune support, anti-oxidant
- Ginger – nausea, stomach upset
- Zicam – homeopathic cold remedy
- Oscillococcinum – homeopathic flu remedy – fatigue, headache, body aches, chills and fever.
- CALM – magnesium powder – relaxes the muscles, eases constipation, sleep aid
- Zinc and Elderberry Lozenges – immune support and sore throat relief
- Melatonin – temporary use for jet lag
- pH Quintessence – concentrated alfalfa extract – helps to get some greens in while supporting major detoxification pathways
- Bug soother – DEET free natural bug spray and bracelets with citronella essential oil.
- Silver topical anti-microbial gel – broad-spectrum infection protection and wound management against bacteria, fungus and yeast.
- Standard first aid kit
I also packed a variety of essential oils, which were great to carry in my backpack on-the-go. This would be good for a later post. In the meantime, check out my essential oil recommendations on my resources page: https://www.drsebaa.com/resources/
I hope this helps! Wishing you safe, healthy, and memorable travels ahead!